Friday, August 3, 2012

My Newest Art Project... Live, Laugh, Love.

My Newest Art Project... Live, Laugh, Love.

I needed something fun for this tiny wall, but I couldn't really find anything I liked that matched the decor.  I finally decided to paint something myself that captures my personality.  Here is what I did...

I painted canvases to match the wall color on the opposite wall. I have one wall painted this dark green color, and the rest of the walls are an off-white / greyish color.  Finish it off with white trim, and wahlah, my living room.  

Anyways, back to my project... 

I hand painted a fun saying on each canvas - one of my favorites!  Then I drizzled some green paint over the saying and blotted it out for a washed out look. 

Because the canvases are all different sizes, I chose to hang them sideways for a more unique look.

Not bad if I do say so myself.  Abstract with a little bit of structure.
It speaks to me (even if it just says homemade artwork.)

No comments:

Post a Comment