Thursday, August 9, 2012

Projects Galor... 1st Up - Laundry Room!

For anyone that knows me, you can attest... I always have big dreams, and then I get side tracked.  It's like I have home decorating/craft A.D.D.  

I have a hard time finishing anything.  Maybe if I start a blog with my ideas... I will want to have "after" blogs and it will keep me motivated.

So, Project 1:  White wash crates acting as shelves in the laundry room. 

Let me back up... I have been wanting to redo (or do for the 1st time) our laundry room.  We have a crappy shelf in there that is about to come out of the wall that doesn't match anything, and it is just... blah.

So, I have been thinking of installing a regular cabinet in there.  Then, I saw these great crates at Joann's. 

They were arranged in a display at the store, and I immediately fell in love with the idea of hanging several on the wall as shelves. It helped that they were $6.99 per crate with my coupon and on sale!  That beats the $150 wall cabinet I was looking at!

Bubble Circles for my laundry room
"Why are these so exciting and pretty much perfect?" you ask.  Well... the rest of my laundry room vision includes very light baby blue walls with blue and brown circles on the wall (to imitate the look of bubbles.)  See picture.  :)  I picked up the circles on amazon.com for pretty cheap a while ago.
Cute Bed Bath & Beyond Rug

Then, I picked up this rug from Bed Bath & Beyond. <3 I think the whitewash crates will fit right in with the decor.  I'm actually excited to get it finished!
 
Anyways... back to my crates... they are deep and big enough to hold the detergent, fabric softener, and various other laundry room items, sturdy enough to hold the items and (if installed properly in a stud) won't move on the wall, and they are cute, cute, cute!  Not to mention, they are fully customizable.  If I don't like the whitewash anymore, I can redo them! 

So, I am in the process of painting my crates.  Chester (the cat) is helping!  Wish me luck.  :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment